Hey girl hey. And boy.
WE MADE IT GUYSSS!! We actually SURVIVED this year! I feel like new readers are probably weirded out but when I first started my monthly wrappers, I absolutely hated my school. And I literally can’t believe it’s over. We have so many things to go through and a few reflections in the school section because yes, I actually don’t hate this school anymore. As always, if you haven’t seen my last wrapper, click here. Skim through to what interests you and let’s get started.
We had so many assignments this month like it was ridiculous. For Geography, we had to make a huge project covering an issue going on in the world and how it impacted the government, people, environment…etc. I chose the Israel/Palestine conflict because there are so many impacts, no one likes to speak up about it and I’m from Palestine so my family can give me information from experience that I may not find on the internet. It was kind of hard because the history is really long and complicated but it all worked out in the end and I made a video just under 5 minutes (the max limit for presentation). I’m actually proud of how it turned out but ugh when it got to presenting to the class, it was so cringy because I literally had to watch myself on the screen and gjbhghdjksivfavehsk my voice. And to top it all off, my mom sent it to like everyone on WhatsApp. 😂 Though it all turned out great in the end because people came up to me saying it was really good and my Geography teacher literally pulled me aside and told me this was the best presentation she’s ever seen like whatttt?! Where are my tissues?
In Science class, we had to make water rockets and oh my goodness. There was this whole group conflict because one of the group members didn’t do any work but it turned out fine in the end because she made up for it by bringing a lot of materials for the French project. Farah and I worked on it at her house and it was actually fun because we talked and watched some clips from this Turkish drama she’s trying to hypnotize me into watching (not going to happen – I quit my addiction). We called our rocket “Uzay” (yes, it was a requirement to name it) which is ‘space’ in Turkish but ironically enough, the flight time for our rocket was less than a second!! I really don’t know what we did wrong but it was a miserable fail. Well at least now I know I’ll never be an engineer. 😂
We had this whole poetry unit which I absolutely hated. I have nothing against poetry but we had like 5 assignments for no reason. Our final one was 10 stanzas from 10 different poets put into one big poem. Doesn’t sound too hard but we then had to write our new poem onto a poster that we had to design like noo thank you. I ended up handing the poster in 2 days before the last day of school because I wasn’t here the Friday it was due and the following week was really busy but oh well, she didn’t really mind and I’m pretty sure it wasn’t significant to our report cards.
Speaking of not being significant to our report cards, literally all 500 assignments we did this month weren’t significant to our report cards. The rockets were launched a day before the last day of school and we never handed in our written parts. And we didn’t even present our dances because members of our dance group kept being absent on the days we had to present. Anna and I joined this other group of 4 and we were stumped for like 2 weeks on song choice. We finally settled on Wild Things and worked for 2 months on choreography but we didn’t present after all. Oh well, it was pretty cringy performing and some of our practices were fun so I guess it turned out okay in the end. 😂
There was a big portion of this month I can’t really mention due to anonymous reasons ( don’t worry it’s a good thing 😂) but other than that, I guess we just have the last day of school left to mention. At lunch, I went to the shopping center to get a few gifts for my teachers (talk about last minute 😂). I was going to make everyone in the class cards like previous years but ain’t nobody got time for that. We ended up writing messages on each other’s “autograph” papers. The messages were so sweet like aww I never thought I’d be saying this, but I’m actually going to miss this school. 😂 It was my first and last year but it really was memorable. Everyone wished everyone a happy summer and luck in the next school year and it wasn’t really registering in my head that we reached the end. At first, I felt like I was stuck being Farah’s friend but now we’re like best friends. 3 other people joined our squad and I actually felt like I belonged. Anna drama is all over and we’re on very good terms now. 😂 That’s a wrap-up of progress but here are a few things I learned this year:
- Be yourself from the very start, even if you feel like you don’t fit in
- Don’t judge people over first impressions
- Sometimes the people you’re looking for are right in front of your eyes
- You don’t need to have a lot in common to be good friends
- It’s okay to be alone
- It’s okay to break down
- Get involved
- Smile, gurl
- There’s a difference between isolation and independence
- When opportunities don’t come to you, you need to go to them
- A class full of strangers will eventually turn into familiar faces
- Everything happens for a reason, you are where you’re meant to be
Yes, I’m the new Shakespeare but that about wraps up school for the year. July and August are going to be pretty weird without the school section but YASSSSSSS SUMMERRRRR! Oh and report cards were a success!!
Ramadan came to an end and Eid came instead (wow those poem assignments really got to me). For Eid, my mom made ka’ak (Eid dessert) and I was rich for a day. We had a family lunch at this Middle Eastern cuisine and guests came over for like four days straight. I caught up with my old neighbor and my family friend so that was great. I did some shopping with my mom and friends and you can see the haul here.
There was this virtual reality sample set in the mall and it was so scary! This red dude kept trying to kill me and I looked ridicolous trying to punch. It’s so funny watching other people kick the air but when it got to me, I almost ran off the set. It was really fun though. 😂
Every year, the mosque hosts a Quran memorization contest which I participated in before. I really enjoyed learning Surat Al Ankaboot and the different stories and examples. By the end, I memorized it fully and I was pretty sure I wouldn’t forget anything. Or will I? After a couple contestants, I got called in and they started at a section I knew well. Or did I?
I divide my memorising into sections based on what they’re about so when I finished the section I was in, I completely forgot what was next! I knew it was at the end of the page but I completely forgot which one. My mind was blank. So I’m just there staring at the judges awkwardly like uh… and one of them goes “think about the last sentence on the second page” like that’s a great help. He eventually gave me the first few words and that’s when my memory decided to come back.
The next section I had to recite wasn’t too bad – I messed up one word though. But when we got to the final section, it went on to the next page which I completely forgot the start of. I don’t know why I did fine at home but in front of the judges, I’m literally Dory. 😂 We finished, they said jazakallah khairan (may Allah reward you with goodness) and called on the next contestant. I was like okay that’s it, I don’t care, my intention was for Allah, and just forgot about the whole contest for the next week.
Until one day my brother came home with a 2nd place certificate! SECOND PLACE?! How did I win second place? I was like ummm are you sure they didn’t mix up names but then turns out I was also last place. Turns out there were three contestants, two tied for first, leaving me for second. It’s kind of trippy but ah well. 😂
I read two books this month. The Beginning of Everything and If There’s No Tomorrow. They’re both SOOO good! The beginning of everything almost made me cry and DUDE, if there’s no tomorrow made me happy, sad, anxious and ughh you NEED to read it. 😂
There’s not much for Life this month but I’ve been mindblown by a few things.
- Peppa pig is actually a GIRL?! I’ve always thought she was a boy.
2. England’s flag is actually this and not that. My life is a lie?! Can someone explain why there’s two flags and isn’t the UK and England the same thing?
And as always, here are some of my weirdest dreams for the month.
- My brother was driving and he stole this postcard off a shelf on the street and the sirens went on. The police chased us until we pulled over and me and my sister got out of the car. The police did too but my brother ditched us and drove away! 😂 We had no ride home so we went on this local bus and the police officer came in and told everyone about my brother. He’s like “Does he have any morals? Really? Those postcards were expensive.” and I’m like “were you really going to take someone away from his friends and family because of a postcard?” then everyone looked at me like that one butthurt dude in the comments. 😂
- Everyone was trying to mess with Justin Trudeau about the weather forecast and it somehow messed with the clouds and ALWAYS tricked us into thinking it was the end of the world. Our province was going to sink and apparently I lived in Yukon and we were going to sink into the Pacific Ocean. Everyone was freaking out and I even tried to think of a way to get a raft like Rose from Titanic but I knew my chances were low. 😂 It all turned out to be a prank like bruh.
- And finally, I had the weirdest realistic lucid dream about me having a fricking baby! It’s kind of long but reading it out loud will help. Apparently I had 2 boyfriends. One was this popular guy from school who I don’t really talk to (he had a different name and personality in the dream though) and the other one was a doll! 😂 The first guy was a long-distance boyfriend and I think he had cancer and was going to be cured soon. And then the doll was called James? 😂 Anyways, I wasn’t even pregnant and gave delivery. This baby was in my arms out of nowhere and I thought it was a doll but it was real and actually started crying. I was so confused because I didn’t even do anything if you know what I mean. 😂 My parents were like “okay that’s fine we won’t disown you” or something and I kept saying it’s not possible but no one believed me. I prayed that it was all a dream (which actually worked woohoo 😂) and then I opened the door to see my long-distance boyfriend, this other guy from school and some other people. I go like “so which one of you is the father?” The boyfriend just looks down and his friend is like “we didn’t do anything!” So I say “then why are you here?” and he’s like “the AC’s good” like bruh. 😂 The dream continued with everyone around me not getting what a big deal this is and everyone acting normal and saying “gosh, you’re being kind of annoying” or “you’re kind of exaggerating” like are you blind?! It’s a baby and I don’t know where it came from. 😂 That dream got me kind of triggered but omg there’s this weird thing where I actually feel some sort of affection to that long-distance boyfriend whenever I think about it. Like it’s a dream fictional person that could’ve done something bad to me (in the dream of course) but I kind of like him? Is this stockholm syndrome? 😂
This is probably by far the worst blogging month for my stats and activeness. 5 posts this month?! Hardly reading any posts on my reader?! I’ve been kind of busy but wow I need to up my game for July. 😂 On the bright side, THE PARENTVOICE MAGAZINE ASKED ME TO WRITE A POST ABOUT RAMADAN FOR THEM! That was really enthusiastic but it was such a cool opportunity and I absolutely love that they gather posts about multicultural families and ways of life. It’s super cool to read about the different cultures and mixed couple stories on there. They haven’t asked me to mention their website but they’re def worth mentioning.
Self-promo: My Post (pictures aren’t mine)
Blog Post Of The Month
June’s Most Popular Post
Blogger Of The Month
I can’t believe I’ve never read Shay’s posts before. She’s been so supportive and amazing in the comments and I didn’t think she had a blog or something?? I don’t know but Shay has definitely blessed my feed this month. There’s so many posts I still need to binge through this summer but I loved reading her Crazy Things I Believed as a Kid and Eight Year Old Me’s Writing Journal – Shay was a dope kid. 😂 GirlIllustrated is also a great blogger! I love her sketches and seriously loved her 13 Reasons Why post this month. It’s a great reminder to those struggling with mental health that things will get better and you are loved.
Most Active Followers
Thank you to everyone who commented this month – you’re the best!
Help Meh ._.
Would you guys like a dream-telling series once a month or every two months instead of in Monthly Wrappers? I have so many dreams so I wouldn’t mind making a separate series.
Fav Song: Meant To Be – Bebe Rexha
Fav Movie: Not my favourite but I
slept through watched ‘I Am David’ 😂
Fav Show: I haven’t watched any but the clips me and Farah watched were from “İçerde” (Inside). The plot sounds really cool but nope, I’m not giving in to the Turkish drama addiction. 😂
Fav Book: Aaah I can’t pick but ‘If There’s No Tomorrow’ literally made me feel things (ew that sounds wrong but I’m totally talking about sadness 😂)
Cravings: Shawarma, ice-cream and that biscuit with Eid Ca’ak (which some people call Anise biscuits)
Fav Quote: “Stay away from what might have been and look at what can be” – Marsha Petrie Sue
But first, did I kill it again this month? 😂
- End school on good terms with everyone ✔️
- Finish reading Quran ✔️
- Do well on the Quran contest ⁉️ (I was last and didn’t do as well as I thought I would but I was also second so I’m confused?)
- Get good grades on my final assignments ✔️
- Make everyone a card on the last day ❌
- Enjoy Eid! ✔️
I’m giving myself a 4.5/6 so yasss. 😂
Now for July goals:
- Go farm-picking.
- Plan a giveaway
- Revise all of Chapter 30 (Quran)
- Make a summer recipe
- Make at least 8 posts
- Read and comment on 15+ posts in Readers (weekly)
- Make a daily schedule
- Just enjoy summer
and try not to think that prison is awaiting in 2 months!! 😂
I hope I can manage. 😂
Anddd that’s a wrap.
Tell me everythingggg. I’ll see you guys soon.