Hey girl hey. And boy.
Now I don’t know about you but I can’t cook anything without burning the house down, let alone fry. Don’t even get me started on the number of fires on the news lately. Not to mention, so many have resulted from oil spills in the kitchen. That’s right – this is why I can’t be an Arab housewife. 😂 But when my uncle bought us, the ninja airfryer, I was THRILLED. On cloud 9. This meant I can COOK. And even cook my own species which is what I’m going to be doing today. This airfryer can fry so many things but one of the signature reasons I use this is for french fries. So without further ado, let’s get started.
P.S. The airfryer reduces fats by 75% because you use wayyy less oil and it’s a much better alternative for your health but still preserves the great taste.
P.P.S. This post is NOT sponsored. I wish but your girl uses a ‘.wordpress.com’ site so how do you expect ninja airfryer to pay me? If one of the employees are reading this, hey, I don’t mind a paycheck. I’d like a trip to Paris please. 😂 But until then, enjoy the post.
Way #1 – Hand-made Fries
- Peel your potatoes. Big fat lifehack: let the potatoes run in hot water so that it’s easier to peel.
2. Chop your potatoes into thick but long strips. I like cutting it in slices and then each slice into 3-4 strips.
3. Soak them in cold water for a few minutes (I usually go for half an hour to reduce the starch)
4. Drain them and preheat the air fryer to 390 Fahrenheit on ‘Air Fry’ mode for 3 minutes.
5. After the time is up, dump your french fries into the container and heat for 15-20 minutes on 390 Fahrenheit. Make sure to shake every 10 minutes.
6. You can add a tablespoon of sunflower/canola oil and add your herbs either on spot or after.
7. Prepare a plate with paper towel and dump your french fries in. Enjoyyy!!
Way #2 – Frozen Fries
Repeat steps 4-7 only. I love frozen fries in this because they’re super easy to make and come out really tasty too.
Anddd that’s all for today.
This was a really short post but I’ve made so many things with this airfryer like dumplings and nuggets and ugh it just makes me feel accomplished even though I can’t cook for the life of me. 😂
Do you have an airfryer?
Do you make fried food?
Can you cook without burning the kitchen?
I’ll see you in my next post.