Hey girl hey. And boy.
IT. IS. OFFICIAL. This grandma has turned 2 years old today and I couldn’t be more proud. 🤧 Now I’m not the type to go into cheesy mode when I hit a milestone but I just wanted to thank everyone who came and went throughout these two years and more specifically to the ones who stuck around from the very beginning. Blogging has given me a platform to voice my opinions, experiences and most importantly, recipes because this sis can’t go two seconds without food. 😂 Jokes aside though, I feel like blogging gave me a ground when I felt my personality was turning mundane or when I felt too drained to socialize. And as much as I want to say how much I changed from the first day, I’m probably one of the few bloggers who didn’t. And honestly, I’m not complaining, because 2017 Bayance was pretty lit. 😂 It would be nice if I told you all about how much I changed and we can look back at my first posts and see a difference… but I’m still a potato who likes to blog and be a grandma in all situations possible and I’m sure this base won’t change for years to come. Nonetheless, there are a few differences I noticed from old Bayance and present Bayance and they are:
- I became comfortable using laughing emojis (and we went through an excessive phase ngl 😂)
- I opened up more about religion and my unpopular values
- I started talking about real life issues through my Let’s Get Real series and learning a lot from all of you!
- I created new series (spam comments, let’s get real..etc)
- I started using gifs everywhereee
- We went from 1 follower (my dad) to 958 today!
- Anddd y’all have been tagging me in so many award posts that the Kleenex company closed down
So thank you. For sticking by me and taking the time to read what I had to say. OKAY so before we all get emotional, let’s get into our giveaway!
A $20 Giftcard To Store Of Your Choice
Now I really wanted to do something like a box full of goodies but the shipping in Canada will cost more than the box of goodies itself. 😂 Canada’s fault on that end but I did want to get you something where YOU can buy the goodies and that is a giftcarddd.
I did a little bit of digging into what can be used worldwide and the only ones I found worked were
Starbucks (australia, uk, hong kong, ireland, mexico)
If anyone has any knowledge as to where Canadian gift cards can be accepted internationally, then please leave it in the comments.
As for the US, I found many more options that work between Canada and the US.
American Eagle Outfitters
These are only a few but if you know of any that can work, then let me know one option from this list and one option that you choose.
The floor is open to anything.
Note: Only 1 winner will be chosen in this giveaway.
10 Ways To Enter My Giveaway
So instead of the usual, ‘follow my instagram and tag 3 people’ kind of thing. I thought I’d give you the options to pick any of the 10 ways to enter below. I placed the amount of entries they’re worth and you’re allowed to pick up to 5 ways so be sure to snatch some of the higher entry-worth ones. Some of these are creative and some are straightforward so let’s get into it!!
1. Draw a picture of what you think I look like and email it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org – it can be a quick sketch but I’m curious hehe. (1 entry for stickman drawing, 2 entries for more details and 3 entries for lots of detail or a coloured one)
2. Write on a piece of paper, an index card or postcard; a message to me, who it’s from (your name or pen name), country/city, and take a picture of it. 1 entry for a picture at home, 2 entries if you take a picture of the card outside and 3 entries if you take a picture of it at a landmark (it doesn’t happen to be a famous one but maybe somewhere you were going to with friends or family).
Example: Hey Bayance! From: Sarah, India [@ the local spice store]
And email it to email@example.com
3. Send me a guest post of a topic of your choice (for those who wanted to write me a guest post, if you do it by the 21st, you will count for this!). If you don’t know what to do, think of anything lifestyle, advice related, maybe even spam comments or look through my posts and you can draw inspiration that way. (2 entries for 400 words or less, 3 for 400+) Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your ideas and I’ll give you the approval to start.
4. Fill out this super quick survey. (1 entry)
5. Answer this question in the comments: What is your best blogging advice? (1 entry)
6. Answer this question in the comments: What was the greatest failure in your life and what did you learn from it? (1 entry)
7. Answer this question in the comments: What motivates you to keep blogging? (1 entry)
8. Follow my instagram @bayanceblogs (1 entry)
9. Reblog this post (1 entry)
10. Like this post (1 entry)
And there you have it! Couple creative ways and couple straight forward ways to get entries to the giveaway! You are allowed up to 5 ways out of the 10 and no repetition allowed. (eg. don’t do number 7 twice). The first couple can get you more entries so you might want to be strategic on what numbers you pick hehe. Number 10 should be an automatic entry (I see you non-likers 😂) so you can pick up to 4 other ways from there.
Now that we know the prize and 10 ways to enter, here is how you can qualify.
1. Submit up to 5 ways from the 10 Ways to Enter
2. In the comments, let me know which ways of entries you did + the gift card you want to win.
Comment example: Hey girl! I followed your instagram (I’m @thatgrandmalife btw), did your survey and emailed you a picture of a postcard. I live in the US and I want a Subway giftcard.
3. Giftcard will be emailed so make sure you have an email.
4. Deadline is August 21 2019 (winners will be announced on the 22nd!)
Make sure you’re following my blog because it’s only open to followers (ew I hate saying followers but I hate saying fam too so now we’re stuck 😂).
Anddd that’s all for today.
I’ll repeat the comment layout so you can use it as a reference.
Hey girl! I did entry ___, ___ …etc and I want a _____ giftcard to [my country]
Thank you all for supporting me through these two years and good luck to everyone!